Rules and Regulations:
- Professional choirs/quartets are not eligible for entry to any of the competitions.
- The closing date for applications is 31st March 2017. The entry fee must accompany each application form. Late entries will not be accepted. Validity of an entry is the responsibility of the entrant. A separate application form is required for each competition. In the event of insufficient entries in a competition, the Board of Directors of Navan Choral Festival reserves the right to cancel that competition.
- One clear original copy of each piece chosen for performance must accompany the application form. The choir’s name must be clearly identified on the music scores. Adjudication sheets and music scores will be available at the end of each competition. The responsibility for collecting these rests with the Choir Director. Please provide original sheet music with the application form.
- Any change to the submitted programme is not permitted.
- All choirs should provide their own accompanist. Pre-recorded accompaniment or amplified vocals are not permitted.
- Each choir is requested to submit a short choir biography (250 words max) with the application form.
- The same piece may not be performed by a choir in more than one competition.
- A chorister cannot sing with two different choirs in the same competition.
- The winner of the cup, in each competition, will be responsible for its care and security, and must return it promptly when requested to do so by the Board of Directors of Navan Choral Festival.
- Choirs will be informed, through the website, of the time and venue of the competitions. All choirs must register one hour before the competition commences.
- The Board of Directors of Navan Choral Festival reserves the right to photograph, broadcast live and/or record for subsequent reproduction and /or broadcast, on radio/television/internet, any performance, without payment. All broadcasting and photographic rights to any performance shall belong to Board of Directors of Navan Choral Festival who may use them for promotional purposes. It is the responsibility of Primary School and Post Primary school choir Teachers/Choir Directors, with choir members under 18years of age, to ensure that informed consent is sought from the choir members and their parents/guardians in this regard.
- The decision of the adjudicator(s) is final.
- The Board of Directors of Navan Choral Festival wish to indicate that the responsibility for the welfare of all underage competitors remains with the Parent/Guardian/Teacher/Choir Director, while attending the Navan Choral Festival.
- The decision of the Board of Directors of Navan Choral Festival is final in all other matters.
Rules and Regulations:
National Choir of the Year
(Advanced Choirs Only)
- All choirs entered in the National Choir of the Year competition must comply with all the Rules and Regulations as stated for Choirs.
- Choirs entering the National Choir of the Year competition must have a minimum of 8 choristers.
- Choirs entering the National Choir of the Year competition are expected to compete in one or more competitions during the Festival.
- Choirs entering the National Choir of the Year competition may perform a piece already performed in one of the other competitions.
- All Choirs entered into The National Choir of the Year Competition must be seated in their designated seating area, 15mins before the start of the competition.
Choirs are advised to comply with copyright guidelines. The Board of Directors of Navan Choral Festival will not accept responsibility for action taken later by publishers.